|
|
||
|
|
Friday, March 13, 2009
I have finally handed up my FYP 1st draft. Dr Gan will be giving a grade based on the 1st draft. I seriously hope that he finds the report alright because I am getting tired of FYP. I don't wish to redo or change any parts of it. Currently, I am free from my FYP. I no longer have to sleep for less than 5 hours a day and no longer have to read those journals. I will be tending a booth tomorrow at NTU open house, to be exact, my job is to print SEM images for the potential juniors. There are prizes to be won for the best booth. I hope we could win the top prize as I know Dr Gan's group put in a lot of effort for this event. Winning is one thing but enjoying is another. I hope that everything goes well tomorrow. And bOo Hoo.. Tomorrow will be a long day for me... 2 of my friends and I were conversing in English on the MRT. An uncle, (50 plus years old) who was standing in front of us, overheard our conversation and complimented us for speaking in English. It turned out that he just came back from Australia after 9 years of staying there. Then he told us that during his time, he was English educated and called those Chinese educated ones some weird names (which I don't remember). This is when I felt disgusted. He is like some ya-ya papaya who probably roll his eyes if he hear anyone converse in Chinese/ dialects. I just feel it doesn't matter what languages we are speaking, as long as the message is pass across and understood, it would be fine. I wonder what would happen if we were conversing in Chinese then. Watched suspect x and it was not as nice as I expected it would be. It showed that there is still gender discrimination around, showed how scary or great love would be, showed the passion and complicated mind that researchers have. The plot and the twist is there but I feel that the momentum of the story is too slow.It would be a nicer movie if the pace was faster. Had my comfort food at 85 with a bloated stomach filled with 1 bowl of ba chor mee, 1 sugarcane, 2 chicken wings, stingray and 3 tang yuans. Fei si wo. -Hong-
3/13/2009 10:35:00 PM
|
|