Thursday, August 21, 2008
The Beijing Olympics 2008 is currently the hot topic now. People around the world were very impressed by the spectacular opening ceremony. I only watched bits of the opening ceremony, but I could feel the unity of the performers and the hard work China put for this Olympics. For this kind of multi-sport event, I like the swimming event the most.
This year's Olympics, Michael Phelps is the hottest topic. The 23 yr old won 8 gold medals and broke Mark Spitz's previous record of winning 7 gold medals in a single Olympics game. Yay to Phelps!

There are also other Asian fabulous swimmers that caught my eye like Japan's Kitajima who is the king of breaststroke, Park Taehwan from Korea who won the 400m freestyle and of cuz Singapore's Tao Li who broke the Asian record.
My mum's fav: Jap's Kosuke Kitajima

Korean's Park Taehwan

Singapore's Tao Li

There is another swimmer that I like - Ryan Lochte. He is the winner of the 200m backstroke and I think his curly hair is cute. LOL.

There is another American swimmer , Dara Torres, who is already 41 years old. She won silver in all the games she participated. Thumbs up for her! Look at her! Even though she is a mother of 1 (i think), she is still so lean!!!!

Hahhaa. Anywayz, I guess all the swimmers put in a lot of effort to produce those results.
I also watched the table-tennis matches to root for Team Singapore. The match against the Koreans was the most exciting as it was a close match. In the sets, we can see the different expressions that each players had. The fighting spirit and the do-not-say-die attitude verus the lack-of-self-confidence and worried looks. LOL. Some players showed the look of distress when they lost the points. As I watched the game, my heart pumped very fast. I think if I am the one playing, I would die of stress. LOL.
The korean team:
Kim Kyung Ah (Li Jia Wei lost to her in Athens)

Park Mi Young ( I like her! hahhaa. I think she looks young but she is already 27. LOL)

Dang Ye Seo

Anywayz, the match against China was a sure-lose. Hahaha. Singapore's paddlers did their best though and more smiles were found on them. Probably they knew their chance of winning was not high, hence they played with less stress and more smiles. LOL.
The paddlers with the silver medal after 48 years!

Well they are currently having their singles matches now. Wish them luck! =)
* Photos from ITTF,uk.eurosport.yahoo.com*-Hong-
8/21/2008 02:38:00 PM