Saturday, August 11, 2007

I only started eating Korean food a few years ago.. was it a year ago? I tink must be partly due to those korean drama serial that I've been watching, or rather my mum who's watching.. LoL


Today's the 2nd time that I ate the korean food at wisma Food Republic. The first time i went there was with my 2nd sis and we tried hotstone mixed rice and kimchi soup with rice and oooHh.. they were really really nice.
I went there again today with my eldest sis tis time round. To to to satisfy my craving for some hot and spicy stuff, i ordered the kimchi soup with rice once again, and my sis ordered the seafood hotstone mixed rice. Haha.. Rather weird rite? seafood mixed rice? I find it weird too, not the traditional kind of korean food that i've seen. Well.. it's their new menu item.
The kimchi that they served as appetiser was very good! It's really nice, or was i too hungry?+_+


Food was served to us pretty fast. My my my kimchi soup.......

oOo.. looks nice heh? But does it taste as good as it looks? At first i thought it tasted quite nice, but after the first few sips of the soup, i find it rather sweet and very tomato-ish. Don't get me wrong, its not that i don like tomato, in fact i do love tomatoes. But I thought kimchi soup is supposed to be more of spicy and sour (correct me if i'm wrong). Pretty different from the last time that i ate. Kinda disappointed..
However, on the other hand, my sis's seafood hotstone mixed rice was great. It was spicy and sweet and hot (due to the hotstone)! The combination of the sauces was just nice for our liking..=D I forgot to take a pic of the mixed rice! +_+ argh..

That was for lunch.. Guess what's for dinner? hahaha JAP again! i love jap=D I met up with weiyi and waychin to have dinner at Ohsho Singapore, a japanese eatery at Cuppage Plaza. We have read quite a few good reviews and comments about this japanese eatery and so we were kinda excited to try out the food.
We ordered a plate of gyoza and ramens. (As recommended by some of the food reviews that i've read) As my craving was NoT satisfied earlied on, I went on to order Paprika Miso Ramen and both my frens ordered hMm..eh..er..i forgot the name of e ramen +_+ it's a spicy ramen with pork stock.. Haha..


Er.. well.. I know..They don't look appetising.. I agree totally. Taste wise...

The gyoza was too oily and it gets more and more 'ni' as we eat.. maybe we didn't dipped it in chilli cum vinegar sauce? However, i do like the slightly charred skin of the gyoza, gives it a crispy texture.
The paprika miso ramen was very bland and not at all spicy. I like the fact that they're quite generous with e ingredients, it comes with lotsa vege and minced meat bits but hey.. look at the soup..
It's like i'm drinking oil +_+ And look at the noodles, what does it remind u of? +_+ The ramen was not firm or QQ and was rather soft. And for my frens' ramen, they gave quite negative comments...
Hahah.. am I too fussy abt food? But i just don't like to waste my calories on food that isn't nice... =P

-Jie-

8/11/2007 11:10:00 PM